Kinesiology and Exercise Science are closely related majors. Both are life sciences that usually lead the graduate to a career in sports medicine or allied health professions. Kinesiology, also known as human kinetics, is the scientific study of human movement. Kinesiology addresses physiological, mechanical, and psychological mechanisms. Applications of kinesiology to human health include biomechanics and orthopedics; strength and conditioning; sport psychology; methods of rehabilitation, such as physical and occupational therapy, and sport and exercise. Individuals who have earned degrees in kinesiology can work in research, the fitness industry, clinical settings, and in industrial environments.
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Videos / Info
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Associations
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Curriculum
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology BA/MA Tracks
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Schools
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Employers
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Publications
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Student Competitions
Why is this Important?
- When students read what the industry reads, you better understand the ACTUAL major
- Magazines, Blogs and Newspapers in the industry provide a wealth of information
- Industry publications help you research the major in the way it’s used in the profession
|Journal of Exercise Science & Fitness is published by Elsevier for The Society of Chinese Scholars on Exercise Physiology and Fitness, The Physical Fitness||Visit|
|Welcome to the website of the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), a world leader in sports medicine education, research.||Visit|
|Journal created by the American College for Sports Medicine||Visit|