Kinesiology and Exercise Science are closely related majors. Both are life sciences that usually lead the graduate to a career in sports medicine or allied health professions. Kinesiology, also known as human kinetics, is the scientific study of human movement. Kinesiology addresses physiological, mechanical, and psychological mechanisms. Applications of kinesiology to human health include biomechanics and orthopedics; strength and conditioning; sport psychology; methods of rehabilitation, such as physical and occupational therapy, and sport and exercise. Individuals who have earned degrees in kinesiology can work in research, the fitness industry, clinical settings, and in industrial environments.
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Videos / Info
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Associations
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Curriculum
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology BA/MA Tracks
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Schools
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Employers
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Publications
- Exercise Sci/Kinesiology Student Competitions
Why is this Important?
- Students can see real, award winning, student work in various majors
- Parents and students can expand their range of “High Quality” school choices
- Counselors can stay up on school programs to recommend